- ResearchThe main focus of research activity within the department is generation of new knowledge to improve the quality and effectiveness of primary care practice and the effective dissemination and uptake of this knowledge into practice.
- Professional DevelopmentThe PD Program develops and supports programs and events that contribute to us achieving excellence as clinicians, academics and teachers. We connect faculty from all our units and teaching sites through faculty development and continuing education.
- PostgraduateDFCM has three Family Medicine Residency streams, each with multiple teaching sites to choose from and provides a wide choice of learning experiences and locations.
- UndergraduateIn all four years of medical school, our undergraduates are exposed to enthusiastic Family Physicians as tutors, lecturers, seminar leaders and as supervising physicians for their pre-clerkship and clerkship courses.
- Global Health
- Quality Improvement
- DivisionsDFCM has two Divisions: the DPC Division of Palliative Care and Emergency Medicine.
- Physician Assistant BScPAThe Bachelor of Science Physician Assistant degree ( BScPA ) is a full-time professional, second-entry undergraduate degree program to be based in the Department of Family and Community Medicine in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto (U of T).