New Faculty & StaffU of T is a big place and so is its website. Start here to find resources useful to new and not-so-new faculty and staff.
Top U of T Resources
The Insider's Guide to St George Campus Getting around, your workspace, campus services, food, drink, recreation, culture, events, benefits, perks, nearby services.
HR & Equity Employee groups, benefits and pensions, training and development, work / life support, equity, policies and collective agreements, payroll, labour relations, environmental health and safety, resources for managers, forms, news, work at U of T.
The Portal Known to students as Blackboard, the portal is used by the Department's programs and committees as an intranet. The term portal is used as a collective term and to specify a particular DFCM group's private portal area.
- To access the portal you need a UTorId.
- DFCM's process to get a UTorId
- A link to the portal is on the top right of every DFCM web page
Work Perks A new discount program to access unique savings from brand-name companies and smaller shops around the Greater Toronto Area and online. Discounts can be found for items including tickets, dining, shoes, clothes and personal care. U of T is providing this program at no cost to you.
- Planning for promotion
- Library Information
- Professional Development including the Basics Course
- Your PD Rep
- About U of T: Best sources are the Insider's Guide and the HR & Equity websites listed at the top of this page
- Courses: organizational Development and Learning (ODLC)
- IT support at DFCM and the Faculty of Medicine's IT department called Discovery Commons
- Who does what at DFCM?