Web-based online meeting and collaboration software for
- Web conferences
- Online meetings
- eLearning sessions
- Document review sessions
- Working group meetings
- ... and the like
- The software is called Adobe Connect.
- You use an Internet browser with Flash software installed.
- According to Adobe, who make Flash, 98% of computers already have this installed.
- If you don't know whether your PC has Flash installed, DFCM will give you a chance to test the software on your computer well before your meeting takes place.
- Your computer doesn't necessarily need a camera or microphone, you can join the meeting online and use a telephone to speak to the other participants.
- It uses a secure protocol.
To use the software:
- Contact the ICT Information & Communication Technology office to book a book a meeting - 48 hours ahead of time is ideal.
- ICT will send the meeting's host the web link for the meeting so they can send it to their meeting participants
- When the meeting starts, participants visit the web page and join the meeting. Enter as participant or guest - either is fine. There is no password.
What you can do in your online meeting:
- Record and save the meeting
- Present slides
- Share files
- Edit documents together
- Conduct polls
- Adjourn to break-out rooms
Learn more about Adobe Connect at their website