The University of Toronto’s Department of Family and Community Medicine (DFCM) is recognized internationally for its clinical, educational and research excellence.
Our faculty members are:
- Clinical and academic leaders.
- Breaking new ground in areas such as inner city health, HIV/AIDS, addiction medicine, global health, palliative care and immigrant and aboriginal health.
- Practicing in inner city, urban, suburban, rural and international settings.
DFCM is shaping the future of family medicine in Canada. We provide:
- A rich and diverse learning experience for our students and residents.
- A comprehensive and innovative curriculum
DFCM research is improving quality of care for individuals and communities.
Family medicine is our passion.
- Contact UsVisiting and mailing address. Map and directions. List of core faculty and staff at the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- News & NewslettersRead the news and current and archived newsletters. Subscribe to the Family Ties newsletter, the DFCM News Digest and the DFCM Library Updates.
- Affiliated HospitalsContact information for DFCM's Family Medicine Teaching Units at our affiliated hospitals.
- Strategy and ReportsDepartment, program and division reports and strategy documents.
- Mission, Vision and ValuesDFCM is an academic department composed of health care professionals dedicated to leadership in teaching, research, service and the advancement of the discipline of Family Medicine, locally, nationally and internationally.
- AlumniAlumni, learn what we have for you!
- GivingFind out how your financial support helps us and about some of our donors.
- Family Medicine in CanadaLearn more about family medicine in Canada such as the four principles of family medicine from the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), find a list of family medicine departments at universities across Canada and access a list of Ontario and federal health websites.
- FACMIS & WWFFACMIS forms are available for purchase by doctors and clinics. Working With Families workbooks are also available for purchase.
- International RelationsThe DFCM is building excellence in primary care around the world. Read our guide to partnerships and offerings from the Department such as Building Blocks in primary care. Next offering is June 9 to 20, 2014.
- About the DepartmentAbout the Department of Family and Community Medicine and the Departmental Chair, Dr. Lynn Wilson.